Is your teen exhibiting any of the following symptoms?
If so, we are here to support you and your child through these challenges:
- Chronically missing school or unwilling to attend
- Reporting thoughts/feelings of suicidality or self-injury
- Engaging in social conflict
- Feeling a sense of isolation
- Gender confusion or questioning
- Unable to engage with peers or family members
- Impulsivity with negative effects
- Risky or unsafe behavior
- Not participating in hobbies or extracurricular activities
- Technology addiction
- Struggles to follow through with commitments
At AlphaMind, we provide treatment for a broad range of adolescent mental health issues, including anxiety, depression, trauma, grief and loss, adjustment issues, and more.
Our unique treatment program for ages 13-17 utilizes an integrative and evidence-based approach. We are trauma-informed and employ relational cognitive behavior treatment (CBT) as well as EMDR therapy. CBT uses various intervention strategies to address specific problems or stressors, while EMDR can help identify and address the root of trauma.
When Does Your Teen Need Counseling?
While there isn’t a specific rule for when a teen does or doesn’t need therapy, addressing mental health concerns is crucial. Teens may seek counseling for various reasons, such as grief, transitional changes, anxiety, or depression.
Signs that your teen may need therapy include persistent feelings of sadness, talk of suicide, isolation, sudden behavioral changes, and more. Even if your teen hasn’t expressed stress directly, changes in behavior may indicate a need for therapy.
If your teen is exhibiting any of the following symptoms, they should should see a therapist as soon as possible:
- Persistent feelings of sadness or depression
- Talking or making gestures about suicide
- Isolating from friends and family
- Sudden feelings of grandeur and mania, associated with bipolar disorder
- Evidence of self-harm (cutting, burning, hitting oneself)
- Dramatic changes in appearance or weight
- Concerns or evidence of substance use or addiction
- Sudden behavioral changes (new friends, drop in grades, disregard for usual hobbies)
- Heightened anxiety in some or many situations
Why Choose AlphaMind?
There are numerous factors to consider when choosing the right Teen Therapist but here is why we think AlphaMind is the best option:
Experience with Teens: AlphaMind specializes in working with teens, understanding their unique needs and preferences.
Proper Credentials: Our therapists have specific training in issues relevant to teens, including trauma, phobias, anger management, and more, with expertise in EMDR, CBT, and other modalities.
Therapeutic Approach: Our therapists offer diverse treatment plans and modalities. Explore our modalities on our website.
Personality Fit: AlphaMind ensures a great fit through team experience. Visit our team page for more information.
Location: Centrally located in Cary, NC, AlphaMind serves surrounding areas and offers Tele-health services.
Confidentiality in Teen-Treatment
It is essential for our adolescent clients to feel safe, knowing that what is discussed in sessions will be kept confidential.
While parents may want updates on therapy, teens need to trust their therapist with sensitive information.
Check-ins are encouraged, and questions about confidentiality can be discussed during the first session.
Ready To Change?
Discover the transformative power of holistic well-being at AlphaMind Counseling Centers.
If you are currently struggling with issues and you’d like to find relief, contact us today to start your personal healing journey.